I have a love for dreamy balearic music along the lines of progressive house and dream trance. I’m not so much into the hardcore techno stuff, unless I’m at a night club…which I haven’t been to for a very long time, because it’s not something I could relax to.
Dream trance is what it sounds like. Dreamy and mind altering. Some of my favorites are those with soothing vocals and lyrics that take me to far away worlds and all things far from reality. It’s fun once in awhile to create a world of ones own imagination to escape to. A lot of these songs have areas of fading in and out of slow and fast parts. Some songs are extremely lengthy and repetitive but I think that’s what makes this kind of music unique.
I mostly listen to dream trance (and the likes) when I am working on digital scrapping, digital art, editing photos, writing, etc. It puts me at my best.
Here are my top 10 this year. All these videos were found on YouTube.
1. “Feels Like Heaven” (Downtempo Version) by Roger Shah & Sunlounger feat. Zara Taylor. I could listen to this song straight through + repeat.
2. “Disarm Yourself” by Dash Berlin feat. Emma Hewett. This is a very beautiful song and Emma’s voice is beyond soothing.
3. “Ong Namo” (Live Intro Edit Version) by Bryan Kearney and Snatam Kaur. Soothing and epic intro.
4. “Opposing Worlds” (Original Mix Edit) by Dimension & Long Island feat. Anthya. I love the fade in and out of this song.
5. “See Me Here” (Acoustic Mix) by Orion. Slow, relaxing, and the vocals are dreamy.
6. “Beautiful Night” (Downtempo Version) by Roger Shah feat. Antonia Lucas. Great song but I think the best part is the music starting at 4:40.
7. “Sunshine” by Ryan Farish. This song is on his Legacy (Greatest Hits 2000-2010) album but I still listen to it quite often and sometimes on repeat.
8. “White” by Smith & Pledger. At 2:20 it slows down to a beautiful tune, and then picks up, taking that tune with it.
9. “One Day” by Soundlift. Starting at about 2:35, it slows down, and gives a whole new feel to the song then picks up again around 4:30.
10. “You Left” (Alexei Zakharov Ambient Mix) by Pedro Del Mar & Blue Tente. This version is slow with a touch of melancholy.
I hope you enjoyed them!