Tried my hands at making a junk journal.
This isn’t the full haul. I was planning on splitting it into a few different ones but I’m finding that I don’t have a lot of time especially because it’s the holiday season. I’ve been doing NaNoWriMo and should be done here within the next few days. Then, I plan to work on December Daily.
Btw, my 21.5″ iMac died a couple of weeks ago. One afternoon, after a day at my daughter’s swim meet, I came home and turned on my computer and it wouldn’t turn on. Tried many times but it just wouldn’t turn on. A week later, I went and got a 27″ iMac. The screen is huge! I’m still trying to get used to it. The bad news is, with the new desktop, my Photoshop CS6 doesn’t work anymore. I contacted Adobe and they said CS6 is not compatible with Catalina (iOS). I cried a little. I’m still heart broken and have been having a very difficult time deciding if I want to get the CC. I am at 85%-ish in my decision to go forward with it. I’ve been researching other design/art software and just keep returning to Photoshop. It’s a hard decision. I’ll keep you all updated.
Anyway, enjoy this haul video.
The items listed are in order as they appear in the video.
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – 12×12 Paper Pad with Foil Accents
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – Chipboard Stickers
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – Ephemera
- Kaiser Craft – Miss Betty Collection – 12×12 Single Sheet Pattern
- One Canoe Two – Golden Rod – Stickers
- Simple Stories – Simply Vintage Botanicals – Chipboard Stickers
- Tim Holtz Scribbles Layering Stencils (THS036)
- Tim Holtz Blossom Layering Stencils (THS031)
- Ranger Dylusions Border Stamp and Stencil **Item was purchased through A Cherry On Top.
- Jane Davenport Ultimate Waterproof Pen (free item)
- Scarpbook.com Double Sided Adhesive Roll 1/4”
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – 6×8 Paper Pad
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – 12×12 Combo Stickers
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Chipboard Stickers
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Mini Sticker Tablet
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Foliage Bits and Pieces
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Bits and Pieces
Here is the video showing how I finished one of my layouts following Wilna Furstenberg’s mixed media scrapbooking course. This is only from when I used the gelatos to paint. I’ve already stenciled the paper and allowed it to dry before painting.
In March, I submitted a story to an anthology and was accepted. I’m happy to announce that the anthology will be published on August 1. You can read a little more about what I have to say on my writing blog, here.
This is the book trailer for the book.
Yesterday, husband and I went to see Hillsong United in concert. It was unbelievably spectacular! I had been wanting to see them live for so long so when the opportunity came I made sure to get tickets early. We sat far up but it was because I wanted to just see the whole thing from above. This was an amazing experience because this group of singers were more geared toward rock yet it had that underlying Hillsong-ness to it. All the singers had beautiful and powerful voices that touched deep within my soul. And, the music…perfection.
The opening singer was the very talented Lauren Daigle. The funny thing is, within the last couple of weeks, I had been listening to Lauren’s music on YT. I had no idea who she was or that she was even opening for Hillsong. So, when she came out on stage and started singing, instantly I knew who she was. Her voice is so unique that you can’t miss it. You know it’s her. I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears that I was actually seeing her sing live. I was wiping tears just out of pure joy of this little surprise.
In the photo is Lauren singing one of her songs.
Here’s a song that she sang called, “Trust in You.” Words cannot describe how beautiful it was to hear this song live.
Earlier this year I stumbled upon this music from Ryan Taubert and found it difficult to stop listening to it. I’ve been trying to write a fantasy novel about a type of fairy going extinct and this song playing in the background helped moved the story along. This song also got me hooked on Assassin’s Creed clips on Youtube. I’m not a gamer so I had no clue what this video game was about but I did some looking around and found that the stories to the game(s) are intriguing. Here is the song set to clips from Assassin’s Creed made by a fan. It’s a bit gory so if you can’t stomach it, don’t watch it. I like it for the art and graphics and music.