Last week daughter was on fall break from school and husband took some time off work so we decided to take a little car ride up to Evergreen to walk around the lake. We’ve been to the lake a few times (our family Christmas photo was taken there last year) but never walked around it. This was our first time. It was really nice. I had no idea it was a man-made lake with a dam. Always thought it was natural.
This isn’t the full haul. I was planning on splitting it into a few different ones but I’m finding that I don’t have a lot of time especially because it’s the holiday season. I’ve been doing NaNoWriMo and should be done here within the next few days. Then, I plan to work on December Daily.
Btw, my 21.5″ iMac died a couple of weeks ago. One afternoon, after a day at my daughter’s swim meet, I came home and turned on my computer and it wouldn’t turn on. Tried many times but it just wouldn’t turn on. A week later, I went and got a 27″ iMac. The screen is huge! I’m still trying to get used to it. The bad news is, with the new desktop, my Photoshop CS6 doesn’t work anymore. I contacted Adobe and they said CS6 is not compatible with Catalina (iOS). I cried a little. I’m still heart broken and have been having a very difficult time deciding if I want to get the CC. I am at 85%-ish in my decision to go forward with it. I’ve been researching other design/art software and just keep returning to Photoshop. It’s a hard decision. I’ll keep you all updated.
Anyway, enjoy this haul video.
The items listed are in order as they appear in the video.
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – 12×12 Paper Pad with Foil Accents
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – Chipboard Stickers
- Prima Marketing – Apricot Honey – Ephemera
- Kaiser Craft – Miss Betty Collection – 12×12 Single Sheet Pattern
- One Canoe Two – Golden Rod – Stickers
- Simple Stories – Simply Vintage Botanicals – Chipboard Stickers
- Tim Holtz Scribbles Layering Stencils (THS036)
- Tim Holtz Blossom Layering Stencils (THS031)
- Ranger Dylusions Border Stamp and Stencil **Item was purchased through A Cherry On Top.
- Jane Davenport Ultimate Waterproof Pen (free item)
- Scarpbook.com Double Sided Adhesive Roll 1/4”
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – 6×8 Paper Pad
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – 12×12 Combo Stickers
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Chipboard Stickers
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Mini Sticker Tablet
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Foliage Bits and Pieces
- Simple Stories – Autumn Splendor – Bits and Pieces
Decided to dress up this year for the Knights of Columbus Halloween party and will also be doing the same look for tonight’s trick-or-treating. This look was founded on Instagram and seemed easy enough. It wasn’t as easy as it looked, to be honest, but the end result was so much fun to look at. My youngest will be a kitty and my oldest will be wearing a previous costume: Snow White. Husband took these photos as I was getting ready. I also did the kitty makeup on my daughter but she said it was too much makeup so she washed it off and I repainted just the nose and whiskers.
This year we also decided to carve pumpkins instead of doing the spider web thing, which felt like work. Carving was a lot more fun. Unfortunately, pumpkins don’t last very long so they molded over and we had to toss them. We realized that in order to keep them longer lasting, we had to wash them in bleach after carving, etc., (husband looked up the process) so we’ll be trying that next year.
Took these earlier this month and just really love the colors. It had rained during the night, and as always, the rain makes everything more vibrant.
Our Keeshond, Teddy, will be turning 4 years old on the 31st of this month. Each year, I love her more and more. She is great company and so sweet and kind.
Earlier this week I was standing next to my oldest daughter and found myself really tilting my head up to look at her. Suddenly it occurred to me that she had grown a few more inches! She’s 4 inches taller than me now.
Speaking of growth, the maple has also grown, a lot. It’s still a baby but it’s looking better each year.