I had wanted to paint Arno Dorian from Assassin’s Creed because I loved his outfit, so I gave it a go.
Please visit me at my new crafting blog: A Quiet Craft Space. It has been changed from what was previous known as Pretty Peony Project Life.
This was beautiful to see. I think I’m going to celebrate and rest this brain for a couple of days. I’m kidding myself about that. There’s no rest. I’ve got 8 books waiting to be read yet. I am glad to be done with this challenge though. Now I can continue to read for pure enjoyment. At the beginning of the challenge, I tried to tell myself that I was reading for enjoyment but as the year got closer to the end and I was behind (by about 16 books!), I felt the stress. Took a break in July and August and that did it. I quickly caught up though.
Not every book was chosen by me. Some were recommendations and a couple were books the authors asked me to review. Most books were researched by me via Goodreads.com, Amazon, and my local libraries. Most the books were read on a Kindle my husband got me about three years ago. Reading so many books makes it hard to remember what really happened in each book, especially that most the books are of the genre, Fantasy and Science Fiction, but there were a few that I truly fell in love with:
1. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. This is a post apocalyptic paranormal sci-fi that has what might be a romance blooming. I loved it so much I actually started to re-read it a couple of months back. I wanted to finish it again before getting the next book in the trilogy (or series). I thought the next book was going to be released a couple of months back but it’s actually going to be released in January so I’ve stopped reading (I’m halfway) and will pick up again once it gets closer to the new release.
2. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. This is one great sci-fi. It’s set mostly in outer space. I’m pretty sure all sci-fi fans have either read it or watched the movie. They are both fabulous.
3. The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley. The writing is beautiful and poetic. It’s a paranormal historical romance that touched my heart.
Here’s the full list in photos. If you want to read the author’s synopsis and see my reviews of the books, go here: Pretty Peony’s 100 Books Read in 2014.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Annabelle from The Parisian Ballad. Thank you, Annabelle! This is my first ever award so I’m nervous. I believe there are rules and from my research, the rules don’t all align, so I guess it really doesn’t matter what the rules are as long as it’s close enough (?). I’ve been blogging for a very long time but have changed my themes/topics/focuses throughout the years. I actually have close to 300 followers (I know, not many but I’m happy to have some followers). I think in general the goal is to pay it forward in support of other bloggers. The rules are:
* Thank the person who gave you the Liebster Award nomination and link their blog to your post.
* Answer the questions they asked you.
* Nominate 11 bloggers for the award. The bloggers must have 200 followers….or around there.
* Create 11 questions to ask your nominees.
* Let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
* Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
Here are my answers to Annabelle’s questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was in college…that was about 16 years ago and it just never stopped. I started because I wanted to share my thoughts with like minded people.
2. What is your favorite fall trend?
Light sweaters and jeans. I love brownish and orange-ish colors around this time too.
3. What is your dream job?
I’m living my dream job: stay-at-home-mom to 2 growing kids and part-time graphic designer and photographer hobbyist (sometimes I get paid to take photos).
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Brownies. Homemade soft and chewy brownies if possible.
5. If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be?
God. Just because I want to see what the whole universe looks like from his/her angle.
6. Who is your style icon?
I don’t have a style icon, but I do love looking at fashion magazines and wish I could dress like the models.
7. Who is your favorite fashion designer and why?
I don’t have a favorite fashion designer but I kinda like Anne Taylor’s fashion. If I worked outside the home, I’d definitely dress in her clothing line.
8. If you had to pick one thing in your closet, what would it be?
A black dress I bought at Kohl’s.
9. What song makes you get up and dance anytime you hear it?
Right now, it’s “All About That Bass”
10. How would you describe your style?
Jeans and t-shirt most the time. I like pretty flowery blouses sometimes.
11. One thing you couldn’t live without?
Here are the people I nominate: Whitefoot Blog, Art by Toast, She Wolf In The Kitchen, Bella Bargains Blog, Omonivous , Ram’s Photo Blog, Moontoe Gallery, A Young Foodie, Dance With Your Soul, Pristine Prowess, and Misteeq Minds
My questions to you:
1. When did you start blogging?
2. When was your last vacation?
3. What camera(s) do you own?
4. What’s your favorite food?
5. Who inspires you?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. What kind of music do you listen to?
10. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
11. What does love mean to you?